Social media has taken over the world today in many ways; communication has been improved, employment has been created and many more. In this digital era, social media has proved to be beneficial for all ages and for different purposes. However with the improvement of technology through the years, there have been different predictions of how social media will improve. Here are some of the recent predictions;
- Video becomes the content of choice– videos will dominate as the Social Media content of choice. Podcast and blog posts will come as a form of content that drives social engagement and other marketing goals. Sharing of videos and interacting about it has moved some social networks up the ladder.
- Information density creates hurdles– in the years to come; the amount of information on the web is expected to rise by 600%. These are actually conservative estimates. Cutting through the content shock and earning a share of the limited customer attention span is a marketing challenge that would be faced. This challenge will come along with the rise of users and data stored.
- Business migration away from Facebook– businesses have been known to leave too much information on Facebook which has caused a drop in organic reach. This has been apocalyptic for many businesses.
- Emergence of new content forms– as social media grows, it adapts new realities. This will help businesses stand out. A couple of areas ripe for innovation are interactive video and new types of short-form visual content.
- Fighting through filters– new applications and filters are emerging to help consumers make better content choices. People turn to apps to sort the clutter, the marketer’s attention will turn toward the new challenge of getting messages through filters.
With the rise of technology, social media will be prone to changes and improvements.
Here is a detailed video on the predictions for Social Media this year!